Can we talk about how MJs said that Mercedes wasn’t going to be but in a few episodes and now she’s a regular?
Can we talk about how MJs said that Naya was absolutely not coming back at all and now she’s singing a “batch” of songs.
1. Blaine becomes Dave’s new bestie/mentor. Dave misinterprets Blaine’s affection and Blaine, being Blaine…is completely clueless.
Remember during Tested (5X16) when Blaine said:
"It all started when you came to Dalton to get away from Karofsky. I wanted to help you through that" Kurt replied "And you did". And then Blaine says "And I LOVED the way that felt. I loved it. I loved being able to protect you." LINK
But now Kurt doesn’t need Blaine to protect him anymore. He’s strong, independent and can take care of himself. Perhaps Dave comes back into the picture and he DOES need help. Whether it’s dealing with his sexuality, or how to attract someone, whatever. Blaine loves being needed - he loves helping so naturally he’s the one who agrees to help Dave out. Along the way, however, Blaine is being too kind, too touchy feely because that’s just the way he is and Dave either misinterprets OR he honestly believes he has fallen in love with Blaine. It will probably take Kurt to be the one to alert Blaine to this fact and straighten the whole situation out. This could easily be drawn out for 4 episodes.
2. Kurt has pre-wedding jitters and/or cold feet (it’s common) - he’s overwhelmed with all the wedding planning and literally has a nightmare. Who else in his life has hurt him to the point of nightmares that he will probably deal with for the rest of his life - regardless of the good place that Kurt and Dave were left in. Dave bullied him relentlessly, he forced himself upon him, and threatened his life. That is the last person on the planet that he could imagine Blaine cheating on him with therefore the perfect person for him to have a nightmare about.
The spoilers do not say the “love interest” lasts 4 episodes – it just says that Max is back for 4 episodes. The “love interest” angle doesn’t necessarily have to last that long for Max to have a four episode arc. He could be back in any capacity and this “love interest” could literally be a 30 second scene. Remember Blaine & Brit in bed? That was about a 4 second scene but promoted in the teaser and talked about by the media as “trouble for Klaine??!”
3. Literally since the finale of S5, the promotion of Klaine has been insane by Fox and Glee. They have promoted Klaine more than they have in 3 years.
“We’ll always love the beautiful story of Kurt and Blaine. Tell us, what’s your favorite Klaine moment?”
#youknowyoureagleekwhen…shipping #Klaine is a full time job. #glee
“You know you’re a Gleek when…shipping Klaine is everything”
“When your shooting star catches you before you fall”. #glee (photo of Klaine from YMMFSY)
“It’s the #FirstDayofSummer! How are you celebrating?” #glee (pic from GTGYIML)
“Retweet if all of you loves all of #Klaine “❤
They wouldn’t be doing all of this, to just break them up again immediately, at the beginning of the season. All of these rumors could possibly be a diversionary tactic, while they set up something bigger, regarding Klaine. ie: the wedding?
A three day shoot at Dalton. The Vivian Westwood suits for Kurt. Darren is the first one in the studio recording. We’re not saying it IS, but it could be…
Regarding the spoiler that claims it will only be a six month time jump, it makes even LESS sense given how they left Klaine at the end of S5. We are to believe that within six months, Kurt and Blaine…
“I will never, ever, EVER cheat on you again”
“All I want to do, all I’ve ever wanted to do, is spend my life loving you”
“I choose to trust and to love you through everything”
“He’s the love of my life, and nothing and no one is gonna come between us”
“There’s nothing I’m more passionate about than my fiancé”
…called off the engagement/have broken up, both moved to Ohio, are teaching Glee clubs at separate schools, and Blaine is now dating Kurt’s former bully, Dave Karofsky. On what planet?
We are just as skeptical as the next person, after all…it’s Glee. But nothing about these spoilers make any sense.
Bottom line is that these “spoilers” are causing buzz, causing the media to run with it, getting people talking about Glee again. Whether it’s the truth or not, they don’t care. And we’ve got a long way to go before 6X01.
Good luck to you all.
Bless the OPs of this post.
After today I’m desperate for some fluffy, smutty Klaine and I imagine I’m not the only one.
So…hit me w/ your favorite grammatically sound, non-WIP, M or NC-17 pieces with just a *little* angst/conflict? I’ll re-blog the replies later tonight and we can all roll around in a great big pile of literary denial together!
It pisses me off that Ryan is so intent on living out Finn’s storyline, he’s ruining characterizations in the process.
- All the characters said goodbye to McKinley. The Glee Club was shut down, and that’s okay. This chapter of their lives is over, and it was so realistic, because the final connection was severed. There’s a point where you just stop visiting your old high school, and talking to your old teachers, and stop thinking about the school. That is natural life progression.
- Rachel fought endlessly to be accepted to NYADA. Then she immediately walked away from the school for her dream Broadway role. Which she immediately walks away from because she’s “bored” and heads to a TV show. Which fails so she just GIVES UP and comes home? And decides to teach high school choir???? In what universe is that realistic for Rachel Berry?
- Blaine is going to date Kurt’s high school bully? The boy he desperately tried to protect Kurt from? The boy that actually made Kurt cry tears of fear? We know Blaine sees himself as Kurt’s protector, and Kurt’s fucking soulmate, so dating his tormentor makes no sense. But hey, we need to establish Blaine in Ohio and have him drop out of NYADA, even though he had a sponsor and was so close to achieving fame. But no no, we were mistaken. Blaine doesn’t want to be a performer, he wants to be a teacher at his old high school! …Even though Kurt dispelled this myth episodes ago.
- I was so excited by the time jump, because I wanted to see Kurt grown up and strong and living his life in New York. Instead I get to see him… return to Lima. To teach choir. At McKinley. This is the boy I NEVER wanted to see return to Ohio. He fought so hard and got out of there. He shouldn’t be coming back. He should do his work-study credit in France, or London, or RUSSIA. Following Rachel around like a lost puppy? That is not Kurt. That has never been Kurt.
At this point, the only people achieving fame are the ones who left in Season 3. Mercedes, Quinn, Puck … congratulations on getting out of Glee and actually living your dreams! Everyone else is stuck in an endless spiral of living Finn’s storyline.